mercoledì 27 gennaio 2010

TEADROPS 1

"I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear
I like my toast done on the side
And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm an Englishman in New York..."

[Sting - Englishman in New York]

When I think about a song in which there is the word 'tea', it occurs to me.
It's an old song, and I remember the words because someone gave them to me: a b/w copy of the inside cover of the LP.
I can't call to mind who was this one! ;)))
A boy, a girl? who knows!
A fact is that, before 'The dream of the blue turtle', I hated Sting and The Police.
I hated them because, when I was thirteen years old, all of my class-mates (we were a all-girls class) loved them! :PPP
Then, someone, I can't say who and why, perhaps my cousin for my 18th birthday, presented me this LP and I started to listen to it.
It was pleasant, and Sting was without 'The Police', so it ended I learned it by heart.
After this, I started to follow Sting's career, but not as a true fan: something of this man was -it is still now!- out of my world, and, a part of a CD in which there is collected his best, 'The dream of the blue turtle' and a cassette of 'Nothing like the sun' are the only part of his works I own.
Anyway, he is English, he dinks tea... so, when you have your coffee break, swich on the radio and listen: there will be 'Englishman in new york'! ;DDD


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento